|Input: Raw Food OR Canned Food OR Fertilizer|
| Output: 2 x Raw Food
|“||The only small animals left seem to be rats... Still, meat is a rare commodity in wartime. We simply have to put in some bait and wait.||”|
–'Trap for Small Animals' Description
The Trap for Small Animals is a Specialized Workshop in This War of Mine.
Although the starting cost for the trap can be quite steep (especially because each trap requires 10 Parts, 8 with Marin), having 2 traps plus a Vegetable Garden early can make a 4-survivor group almost completely self-sufficient.
- A Vegetable Garden can only produce 8 Vegetables at a time, consisting of 2 batches of 4 each, after 72 hours. 4 can then be used for making fertilizer, 2 of which can be used as bait and the other 2 can be used to make new batches; the rest 4 can be cooked or traded.
- 2 Traps produces 4 Raw Food after at most 4 days (most of the time, it takes less than 4 days).
- 4 Vegetables and 4 Raw Food can be used to create 8 Cooked Meal portions, which will keep 4 survivors functional in 4 days (assuming the player feed them once every 2 days, see Hunger).
- Thus, after (at most) 4 days, the player will have enough food for the next 4, as long as they have enough Clean Water and Fuel.
2 x Raw Food Recipe
- Anton has experience in catching rats with traps. It is as yet unclear/unconfirmed whether this has a positive effect on trap effectiveness.
- Trap effectiveness (i. e. the time it takes to catch an animal) does not seem to be affected by the type of bait, placement of the trap or the presence of people in the same room.