|“||A simple cooked meal, more nutritious and tastier than raw food. It gets even better and more filling with vegetables.||”|
A Cooked Meal is a basic item in This War of Mine. It is made at a Stove, using Raw Food, Clean Water and (optionally) Vegetables. Once crafted, it remains at the stove and does not go into the inventory. It reduces Hunger by one level.
A character's mood will improve after being 'well fed', which can potentially counter negative mood states (such as sad or depressed). Mood resistant characters, such as Emilia, may require an additional mood boost in order to raise their disposition.
Cooking with Vegetables creates two cooked meals using less overall resources versus cooking two single meals separately. Bruno and Livia's Good Cook traits allow them to prepare Cooked Meals using less resources than other characters.
- Before version 1.3 Bruno provides no bonus for 2 x Meals with Vegetables at the Improved Stove. This was fixed in update 1.3
- Cooked Meals cannot be stolen during raids.
- Cooked Meals make the most use of Raw Meat and Vegetables, stretching them out much longer. In return, priority should be given to build the Stove early, also, Clean Water and Fuel reserves should be monitored closely.
- Cooked Meals, as with all other food, will never spoil. However, Cooked Meals cannot be traded or taken out during night runs.
- As long as there are Cooked Meals remaining, the Stove cannot be used for any other purpose than to store Cooked Meals.
- Sometimes a character can't eat a Cooked Meal. The completion circle won't fill and their eating animations start looping. To fix this, players must restart the game.