|“||A canned meal. More nutritious than raw food. With time, you'll get used to its taste.||”|
Canned Food is one of the basic items in This War of Mine. It is acquired by trading and scavenging. It can be consumed without cooking, and reduces a character's Hunger level, similar to a Cooked Meal. It can also be used as bait for the Trap for Small Animals.
- You can give Canned Food to Grisha, a homeless man in the Decrepit Squat, to boost your survivors' morale.
- 2 Canned Foods are needed to complete a special event involving two hungry children visiting the shelter, although Cveta can bring the number down to 1 Canned Food. Giving them food can boost the mood of some of your survivors and counts towards a subsequent visit from them.
- Trading one canned food for Vegetables is far better than the Canned Food itself, as it effectively doubles the meals.
- Canned Food is better than raw food if you are short on Clean Water or Fuel. This is especially helpful during Winter, when Fuel and Clean Water are scarce.
- You could also prioritize eating Canned Food when Bruno is incapacitated or otherwise unavailable.